Web Dashboard 1.0.5 beta - IP / Hostname retain

A new version of Web Dashboard is ready to use.

https://www.starkeeper.it/wdashinfo

In this version:
NEW => Now the input field IP / Hostname saves the last entry in the local browser
NEW => Version also hosted locally in next Voyager release 2.2.1 by an internal web server that will let you use the dashboad with and without an internet connection, when started from Lan.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Was waiting for offline mode. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi
I can not connect localy comes up with " connection error for unknown reason "

is there anything I can try

Thanks

Harry

Hi Harry,
try to help you by reviewing all the steps to run. Make sure your Voyager version is 2.2.1.

1. Activate on run the Web Server on Voyager setting panel (screenshot n1)
    b2da1ac13bf81c893d0ceab3dcd49a802c7ec569_2_461x375
  2. Restart Voyager
  3. Open your browser from a device inside the LAN area
  4. Write in the address bar internal IP address of the PC where Voyager is running, without port if is default 80 (screenshot 2)
  5. Enter the WebServer page and click on WebDashboard link
  6. Enter the IP address of the PC where Voyager is running on the IP field and press Connect. (screenshot 3)

If you have any doubts or need some help, please inform me here or via support email.
Francesco

Me and Leo can help you also via TeamViewer.

Hi

that did it , Many thanks for your help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Harry

2 Likes

Hi Francescodb,

Why do you have to enter IP address in browser? I didn’t have to do this. I just go to Web Dashboard and entered my laptop’s IP address where Voyager is running in IP/Hostname box and click on CONNECT button and it works.

Peter

He is showing the Web Dashboard running locally on the Voyager machine and not on http://www.starkeeper.it/wdash/

1 Like

OK. What purpose does it serve to run Web Dashboard on the same PC that’s running Voyager? I am not sure I understand how his instructions help to run Web Dashboard from Android, Apple or other devices. I understand the purpose of having port 80 to be able to run Web Dashboard without connecting to the internet.

Peter

If you did not have internet access and wanted to use the dashboard. I have my Voyager MiniX PC running now, and I am in my office connected to the local copy of the dashboard. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally got it working. I didn’t realized I had to enter my laptop’s IP address where Voyager is running on other devices. Once I entered my laptop’s IP address on other devices like Android tablet or phone, it worked. I tested by disconnecting UVerse cable from UVerse modem so there’s no internet connection.

Peter

2 Likes

Thank you William, I’m glad to see Peter has figured out how to use the Dashboard locally.
Have fun guys!
F

This is great. I brought it up on my phone last night, sat down and watched TV for a bit. Got the warnings for star lost with the guiding (in the logs), and sure enough, the clouds had rolled in. Simple enough then to walk outside and shut everything down.

1 Like

Kind of worried that I might accidentally hit abort

Saving the IP rely helps

1 Like

Hi Max, if you hit abort or disconnect buttons the dashboard will show a warning modal message, that require a second hit on another button to continue.
Please give a try and let me know.
F

Hi,

I entered the IP address from the machine that Voyager is running on but it won’t connect?

Few problems here for Tony – mostly related to the hidden profile folder which did not allow for saving. Once that was fixed and we switched the Chrome from Edge – he is in business. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you fix it by making the folders unhidden?

Peter

Hi Tony,
are you trying to connect by a device from the same LAN subnet?

Correct. I unhid the folders, and the problem with being unable to close Voyager without using task manager went away.