Welcome to the Members-Only Beta Tester Category

Hi Samuel -

That would be a good one to send to Leo using the support email address unless he happens to see it and answer here. I’ll update the blog post if necessary.

And thanks for the suggestion on imports.

Cheers,
Rowland

1 Like

I tested HA constraint and it worked as expected for me without issue. I didn’t put in any constraint in the Base Sequence though. Not sure if it matters.

I strongly second the suggestion of auto-link the position angle from Roboclip!

Thanks Rowland. Awesome. Yes I figured that out did see your code and added it to my drag script.

Thank you to you and Chris for mentioning how to deal with filters at specific altitudes. I had thought about that as a way to deal with it and you guys mentioning it tells me I’m on the right path.

I could be nice to have some logic that would look at the target and set up a sort of staircase plan on the fly based on the target altitude and whether its before or after the meridian.

Jon

Thanks Rowland,
A handy template I’ve used then is a disabled target named ‘default’ with a chosen based sequence and RGB shots, and I can copy/paste this to create new targets.

On a management note, be nice if we could multi-select more than one roboclip target to import to a data set.

Hi Samuel and for all

Any constraints in Base Sequence are ignored, only the constraints in the target in ROboTarget Manager are used if flagged. Would not be in a different way.

Rowland, please update the statement in your blog

All the best

1 Like

If you really need to take filter RGB at different altitude I suggest to split the target in 3 subtarget.
This because Voyager will restart the sequence from previous point. So if its was the green to finish will restart with this.

Ah, makes good sense Leo. Thank you for that idea…

Thanks for the clarification, made the update!

Cheers,
Rowland

Hello All

Roberto from England reporting. Cloudy here for days to come so will spend some time setting up the Manager. Watched the videos from Leonardo and now have to read Rowland’s blog.
I am an Array user since 2020 so really looking forward to getting that working in Advanced eventually.
Will read through this thread and post as appropriate.
Thanks a million to Leonardo and the Voyager team and to Rowland for getting this going!

Roberto

An advice for all to helps manage the target, this is my answer to Samuel asking:

is not possible to mantains constraints of original Sequence for definitions.
Who use base sequence not like you will do a terrible mistake.
Way to do this is to create a set container for target to ineriths with all the constraints you are usual use.
Copy and paste the target with shot, changing the target. Its really simple … things of few seconds.
Remember to leave the Set container disabled to avoid selection of scheduling for model target.

For how is different our ways to get Sky wonders the real target model to use is a few number.
Create it and copy and paste.

All the best
Leonardo

Hi All from Tasmania, Australia.

Great to be part of the beta testing campaign.

Haven’t been able to run a Robotarget session as yet.

Taking the opportunity to make some improvements to my Dragscript and reorganise my Roboclip database for importing to the Robotarget manager. Am thinking of using set names that match my Roboclip group names - Nebula, Galaxy, Nebula_Mosaic. Intend to use a separate set for each mosaic target. How are others organising their target sets?

Great work Leo and Rowland on Advanced and the information and videos you have put together to help us get started.

Leigh.

Hi Leigh - glad you found the info helpful. Advanced is so nice, I am looking forward after beta to getting the word out more widely. I think a lot of people will find it useful and hopefully you and the other beta testers will agree and spread the word.

Organizing targets is a great question. I’m still thinking about how I want to do it. I added some more targets today and I did group them by target type as you suggest - Galaxies, PN’s, Nebulae, etc.

The beauty of an automated scheduler is it almost doesn’t matter - it’s more a question of what is most convenient for you, especially since you can disable and enable a set with a single action.

But it would be a good topic to hear from others about.

So far we’re just posting to this “welcome” topic, but we can create more topics inside this private Beta Tester category.

Cheers,
Rowland

That’s a great idea re: separate topics on functionality if moderators will allow it.

You can create new topics in the Beta Tester category - several have already been created.
Click the logo to get to the top level screen, then click New Topic:

Make sure to scroll down to the Beta Tester category - that’s the only place where it is OK to post about Voyager Advanced Beta:

Cheers,
Rowland