Wiki related question

The wiki indicates :* Rotator & Meridian Flip: “Mantain the Same Image Orientation After the Meridian” if checked force Voyager to shot the target with same orientation in the images taken before anf after meridian. In this case if you have chosen Rotator PA like Rotation type the rotator will be flipped if the mount is after the meridian, if you chosen Sky PA the PA will retained also after the meridian triggering a rotator flip.Use this flag is useful also to use always the same guide star in case of use of OAG or system with high focal lenght.

The language is a little confusing for SKY PA type rotation. Can someone confirm if I DON’T TICK, will the rotator receive a rotation 180 request or not. I’m looking for the option with no move of PA post meridian.

The language which is confusing is 'the meridian triggering a rotator flip", I assume it meant “the meridian triggering a image flip”

Hi Fredd,

Flag is talk about image orientation, what do Voyager with rotator depends if you use SkyPA or RotatorPA.
I’ve rearranged the text limit it to what the flag do:
“Mantain the Same Image Orientation After the Meridian” if checked force Voyager to shot the target with same orientation in the images taken before anf after meridian. Use of this flag is useful also to use the same guide star in case of use of OAG with high focal lenght.

All the best
Leonardo

If I am not mistaken, keeping the same orientation to the meridian flip means:

• SkyPA: the pointing and solving to keep the same SkyPA (which means the same orientation) will rotate the rotator 180 °
  • RotatorPA: the PA will be flipped of 180 ° after the meridian change from Voyager

Finally always a rotation of 180° and cannot be different.
So I think what matters for the flag is to understand if you want to keep the same orientation

Very clear. Thank you.

I see one thread in CN where a user is reporting to you things not true.
Just for your information, so sorry but I cannot write in CN forum. He refer to a post where the problem is another and depends on a range of angles forbidden by user.

All the best
Leonardo

Thanks. Things are clear now.
Frederic