Arduino power box?

Hi I,
I’ve been looking at the devices Viking controls, and one is listed as an Arduino control box. Can someone provide a link to this please? I’m looking at the cheapest way to control power remotely.
Thanks
Gary

I sended to you PM about.

All the best
Leo

Received thank you Leo !

You are welcome

All the best
Leo

Hi Leo,

I am evaluating Voyager + Viking and I have the same plan with power box based on Arduino.
Could you be so kind and share this info also with me?

Best regards,
Piotr

Hi Piotr,
Leo gave me the contact details via PM. I emailed the fellow with the system a couple of times, but he never replied. I’m still looking for a low cost way of automating my stuff…
sorry
Gary

I’ll try to contact directly … probably doesn’t speak english.

Leonardo

I have just talk with the user, i think tomorrow to have the project.
I will let you know about

Thanks Leo, you have made my day! Hoping the project can be adapted to my little obs.
cheers
Gary

Talk better with him tomorrow morning, today was 22.25 PM when i whatsapp him.

Here the rar archive about the Filippo’s project … as is … Thank you so much FIlippo.

http://www.starkeeper.it/altro/ArduinoBoxrelays8Viking.rar

Just some info, this is a project not from Starkeeper.it so we are not responsable on it, code is a fork of other projects on the web. We dont have anything else about.

You must translate the comments in code in english or another language.

1 Like

Thankyou very much Leo, but unfortunately there is no wiring diagram, so I will not be able to copy it. Will have to keep looking for something that has both relays and inputs for sensors.

I may have to continue saving for a Dragonfly from Lunatico…
cheers
Gary

Gary, which wiring ? this is an open project … you must use the arduino and the lan shield that have dedicated coupling … also the rele shield you just need to wire the output you have used or you can change in code and coupling !! Out to use are in the code …this project is only output

Anyway if you don twant to use arduino , I suggest you to use the denkovi card … have IN OUT PWM and web enabled … or solution with RPI that we can import in viking

1 Like

Hi Gary,
the arduino sketch is very well commented, the wiring diagram is very simple: connect the relays to the pins indicated in the .ino file “int outputAddress [8] = {22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29} ;”
the fact that the comments are in Italian can make it difficult to understand, but google can help you on this. If you tell me where I can help you I will gladly do it

Andrea

Thanks Andrea … much appreciated.

Thank you so much Andrea. I saw photos, the maze of wires looked a bit too much for me. I’m not an electronics person so I got intimidated by what I saw. I’ll go through the sketch tomorrow and see what I can work out and decide then. Time for bed here in Australia - after a very frustrating night with a telescope and some buggy firmware for it…I need a strong drink before sleeping :slight_smile:

cheers
Gary

Sorry Gary but i’m really busy with Voyager development so I cannot help you in this period … I hope Andrea might get a better presentation of project if have time … also because I know have skill on this kind of project and so many ideas. If you decide to add some change to Viking interaction I will be happy to rewrite the low level driver in Viking.

All the best
Leonardo

Hi all,
I have translated all the Italian comments in Filippo’s arduino sketch and have attached the file here for anyone else to use. I had to change the file extension from .ino to .csv for it to upload.

It is actually a lot easier to build than I originally thought thanks to the work Filippo put in to those comments. It is an output only - ideal for powering things on and off. I will personally need some inputs as well so I need something more complex.

Many thanks to Fillipo for the sketch, Leo for organising things, and Andrea for his help. We have some fantastic people using Voyager.

ultima_modifica_ciabatta_new_ENGLISH.csv (20.4 KB)

1 Like

Gary,
I am happy that your project continues.

we wait for the photos

Andrea

Thank Gary and Andrea.
Filippo just send to me his schema about, attached here. Thanks Filippo.

1 Like