[Daily Build] Voyager 2.2.4n version ready and ... Merry Christmas to all!

What an amazing release, Leo. I am so excited about RoboClip and am already considering the possibilities. I have wanted to have a library of targets that I can image with my long focal length, medium-field, and wide-field telescopes, and now I can easily create one (in logical groups) for easy access when imaging.

RoboTarget looks like an exceptional piece of engineering, too. I give you a lot of credit for not just slapping a quick feature onto Voyager, but instead thinking very carefully about the function the feature must serve and reimagining it to have the best implementation possible. You did this with autofocus and the image viewer, and you are doing it again with RoboClip and the upcoming Voyager Advanced.

I’m looking forward to trying this stuff out!

Kind regards,

Glenn

6 Likes

Wow! Just getting my head round to all these new features! Amazing (hard) work :muscle: Well done team Voyager!
Roberto

4 Likes

This is exactly the phylosophy of Voyager … trying to get things better for our passion , in a professional and relaiable way.

Really thanks for you words and support, its not easy to “keep alive” in this smart and fast era !

All the best
Leonardo Orazi

4 Likes

Leo

Would it be possible to import data from an existing Sequence (or set of Sequences) into RoboClip? I have set up quite a few over the last few months and it would be good if that could be done. Maybe this can be done already but I have not figured it out yet…
Thanks

Roberto

2 Likes

Sorry Roberto, i will add a copy button from sequence.

All the best
LO

2 Likes
1 Like

Wow this is a fantastic update.

I am hoping that you may include a function to update RADEC before an image for asteroids or moving objects.

Amazing work. Thank you.

Regards

Russ

I finally watched the video and saw the little sneak peak of the Advanced version’s RoboTarget… I can’t wait!

1 Like

How to do this Russ ?

Many thanks
LO

If the position Ra Dec would be updated (in my case from The Sky) before each slew that would be sufficient. The planetarium software keeps track of the changing motion. If Voyager can request a new RADec before each slew then it should be all that is needed.

Perhaps use a checkbox for either moving objects or a button in the finder.

Thanks

Russ

1 Like

Many thanks for the latest RoboClip feature in Voyager. This will greatly improve the programs functionality.

My potential astrophotography targets are usually selected from CCD Guide or CCD Navigator and imported into a unified database in AstroPlanner. I’ve managed to work out how to import from AstroPlanner into RoboClip using the Research Survey .csv format.

I would however find it extremely useful to be able to import other date about the object in question. For instance, I have set up data columns in AstroPlanner with imaging notes and field sizes etc. The RoboClip window already includes an editable Note section but not one that as far as I can see you can import too. Would it be possible at some stage to be able to import to this notes field when importing an object?

Many thanks

Allan.

Hello Allan,

if astroplanner export a CSV with note i can add the import to the list but i need one example.
Also if you want i can add note field to the Research and Survey CSV.
Also if Astroplanner export XML if you tell me about schema i can import.

Many thanks to you.

Let me know
Leo

Hi Leo,
Thanks for your swift response.
Please find attached a short simple .csv file of the type that I can generate from AstroPlanner. In total AstroPlanner can export about 35 fields but the ones for Notes and perhaps Constellation are the most use to me so they are the only additional fields I’ve exported. I looked through my database and the longest Notes entry was 319 characters.
AstroPlanner can also export XML but I haven’t looked at this yet.Example of csv file that works with Astroplanner data and Voyager 2.csv (158 Bytes)
Many Thanks
Allan

No problem for note field lenght … i will add this to RoboClip.
Please May you have some time to share paper or write some note on how to extract data to csv from Astroplanner ? … i dont have it.

All the best
LO

Hi Leo,
A quick note on export to csv from Astroplanner.

If you don’t want to export the whole planner first select the object rows you would like to export.

With reference to the screen shot.

Go to File – Export – Generic Text Excel XML or JSON

This will open an export window

Select the Fields you want to export in the Field Definitions section.

For Voyager make sure to change the RA and Dec Format from default to HH MM SS.S and DD MM SS.

In Text Format use the Separator ;

Check the Tickbox Header Line

Check the Tickbox Use localised formatting

Click export and save as a .csv

This will give you a file that has to be modified slightly to be used in Voyager.

Open the file in Notepad or similar and edit the beginning of the first row to TARGET;RA;DEC;ORDER

So change ID to TARGET and add ORDER

For the rest of the rows just add a sequential number in the format ;1; after the Dec entry to satisfy the inclusion of the ORDER column. This will enable the file to be imported into Voyager RoboClip using the “[csv File] Voyager Research and Survey” option.

I’m sure Leo could change things so you don’t have to add the ORDER Column but for now this works fine if slightly fiddly.

Regards
Allan.

Hello Allan,

thank you so much for instructions… my idea is to remove all manual operations at end.
May you send to me a exported file like is from Astroplanner ? I’ll add a new import without having to edit anything.

All the best
Leo

Hi Leo,
Astroplanner can have many data fields some user defined so the format would be variable.
For example this file is an export of the fields that I display most of the time but there are more.
Example 1 long.csv (1.0 KB)

I would suggest perhaps in the first instance you plan for a simple import with just Object, RA, Dec, Con and Notes as below.
Example 2 short.csv (287 Bytes)

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Done, you’ll find in the next Daily Build.
Thank you Allan.

All the best
Leo

I still use the mosaic and framing tool from SGP.
Right now I type the RA and Dec into sequence. It would be nice if we could import coordinates from a SGP plan.

Max

1 Like

You can just cut/paste from one to other works pretty fast.