Simplest way to do bias, darks, please

Situation. New user. Have setup a couple of systems, and run a few sequences, on the fly, successfully. Have never looked at DragScript.

I can’t see how to do bias and darks. Autoflat worked easily, was intuitive. But, otherwise Voyager seems to insist on communicating with the mount, having a specified target, and platesolving to the target.

I don’t need any bells and whistles, just need to do the simple thing. Cool the camera to a specified temperature, shoot a specified number of frames at a specified exposure, gain, and offset, download and store the images in a file. I’d prefer to use sequence (which I pretty much understand), but if using DragScript is the _simplest_way to do this, so be it. I would like to see exactly what the DragScript would look like.

I’ve searched, but didn’t find what I needed. Perhaps my search was defective, if so, I apologize.

Last point. This needs to work when I just cover the lens (some scopes) and when I pull the camera and cover it (my RASA).

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

sorry but the sequence was born to do light session not bias and dark only, for this reason it try to add info to FIT header coming from telescope and throw an exception.

For Bias and Dark you must use the DragScript Precompiled Script dedicated to this task, just personalize it. I remember to you that DragScript is not a language or script… its just a drag and drop system to compose the Voyager actions. You dont need to write code.

Attached and image that explain how to do:

Here the link to the wiki explain:
https://voyager.tourstar.net/index.php?title=DragScript_Examples#Calibration_FIT

If you want to use the Sequence tool solution is to clone your profile, open the cloned one, change the mount with a simulator and then use the sequence you have created.

All the best
Leo

1 Like

Thanks.

I tried the sequence approach. Cloned my lights profile, left camera as before, set mount to “virtual array” (I presume that’s what you meant by simulator), changed everything else to none.

Connected the camera and the virtual array mount. Created a sequence, identifying the exposures as bias. OK’d the sequence and executed it.

Gave me an error that it wanted target coordinates. Gave it a random target (M15) and tried again. Gave me an error that “This is a virtual mount… operations forbidden.”

So, I’m stuck.

Now questions on the DragScript approach. What does the 25 in bias25 mean? I have no desire for a time limit, just a number of exposures. I presume I can omit the line with the time limit, and set the block to repeat n times? If I want to do just bias, I presume I can omit the 300 and 900 lines?

Once again, I’d connect just the camera and the virtual array. I presume I set temperature, gain, and offset somehow in “Commands”? Then somehow execute the DragScript?

I’d still prefer to get the sequence approach working. That I understand.

Virtual Array is dedicated to Multi telescope array for professional isnt a simulator.
You must choose a simulator from one of ascom.

Bias25 is the name , 25 is the temperature of camera to remember at which temperature are done the bias, you can choose what name you want, you can erase all the block of time or dark no needed.

Once again virtual mount is not a simulator.

All the best
Leo

Bob,

See this:

Peter

Hello Peter your suggestion is on to-do list … a long list but will come.
Thanks for reminder.

All the best
LO

1 Like

Thanks, Leo. That worked. I just needed to know exactly this: Use the ASCOM mount and set it to Simulator. Put a dummy target in.

Those would be obvious to a more experienced imager. But were something I’d never done before.

Peter: I saw the request, and agree. AutoFlat worked great. Unfortunately the request didn’t deal with my immediate concern, so I posted.

No hurry, Leo. The work around works fine.

Peter