Voyager and TheSkyX 64 bit

I know it just dropped but I was wondering if Voyager working with TheSkyX 64 bit is on the road map?

Voyager talk in TCP/IP with TSX so I dont think will be a problem.
Just to test if you have TSX 64 bit.

All the best
Leonardo

It works! Working with 64bit also

Thanks for feedback Nikos.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Do you just turn off tcp server in SKYX for the 32 bit and activate the 64 bit SKYX version?

I think turn on server on both and do not open 32 and 64 at same time (if this is allowed by SB).

When I try to run it only the 32 bit SKYX version starts on Voyager connect.

Voyager cannot choose which version to start, its a DCOM call.

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to TheSkyX 64. 32 bit works fine. I run one but not both. Also I am running as admin on both Voyager and TheSkyX 64.

15:51:16 850 - Setup Connect Request
15:51:24 155 - Link Setup General Warning : Cannot Connect One or More Setup Controls, please refer to Startup Section and/or Log File for more info.

ATTENTION ! Voyager cannot run all functionality !!!
15:51:24 157 - Camera Connection Error = Exception Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Telescope Connection Error = Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {27D7CF37-1CB7-4307-8D89-ABF7F02B7A6C} failed due to the following error: 800702e4 The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4).
Guide Connection Error = Exception Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Planetarium Connection Error = Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0E0015B2-8EB6-4CA1-8A19-1A8BA6540C5D} failed due to the following error: 800702e4 The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4).

15:55:35 070 - Setup Disconnect Request
15:55:49 849 - Setup Connect Request
15:55:56 897 - Link Setup General Warning : Cannot Connect One or More Setup Controls, please refer to Startup Section and/or Log File for more info.

ATTENTION ! Voyager cannot run all functionality !!!
15:55:56 900 - Camera Connection Error = Exception Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Telescope Connection Error = Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {27D7CF37-1CB7-4307-8D89-ABF7F02B7A6C} failed due to the following error: 800702e4 The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4).
Guide Connection Error = Exception Error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Planetarium Connection Error = Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0E0015B2-8EB6-4CA1-8A19-1A8BA6540C5D} failed due to the following error: 800702e4 The requested operation requires elevation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800702E4).

That error report means that TheSkyX communication DCOM server has not been registered:
https://wiki.starkeeper.it/index.php/Setup#TheSkyX_preliminary_operations

Ok, I just received a mail from Matt Bisque about changing for developer and third parts integration.
I asked for a developer subscription renewal to look at change and migrate Voyager to TheSkyX 64.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

Yes, I saw that when I ran TheSkyX as admin. Still receiving the error though.

Answer on error is here :

Add an option in your code to use program ids for objects that are served by TheSky 64 bit (for example, use “TheSky64.Application” vs “TheSkyX.Application” as the program id in the CreateObject call). Because TheSkyX 32 bit is rather common, and will be available for a time, plus TheSky 64 bit is new, it is recommended to make this an optional setting. That way customers can have the choice to use TheSkyX (32 bit) or TheSky 64 bit during the migration period.

Ah, So they want you to differentiate between the two in DCOM\Voyager. No sweat as 32 bit works so far. I look forward to working with the newer version but until then I will continue to use TheSkyX 32 bit. Software rollouts are always so fun. :sunglasses:

My mistake guys- I didn’t see that there was new update on SB.
It still opens as 32bit also!

Good evening,
Any estimate as to when Voyager might be compatible with The Sky 64? Thanks.
Scott

I’m waiting for official 64 bit version of TSX for development.
I will let know when we have something to test.

All the best
Leonardo

1 Like

We have started development …

4 Likes

Ok finished … just some test and I will release in few hours:

4 Likes

Your rapid response is just amazing.

1 Like